If you have any questions for any of our staff or leadership, feel free to reach out and email them or call our church office to speak with them. You can email the church office here.
Rev. Dan Koeshall has served as the Senior Pastor since January, 2008. After leaving the Assemblies of God when he was outed as a gay man, he served as Music Director and Associate Pastor at MCC San Diego under Rev. Tony Freeman. Following 2 years as Interim Pastor at Pikes Peak MCC in Colorado Springs, he was called in late 1997 as our Senior Pastor. Dan is actively involved in our MCC denomination, represents the church throughout the community, is a member of both the Mayor's and Sheriff's LGBT Advisory Boards, and serves as the Moderator of our Board of Directors. Read Pastor Dan's full bio here. He may be reached at x13 or by email.
Lee was born and grew up in Michigan, where he was an elementary teacher for 10 years. Lured by the beauty of the west, he packed up and moved to Denver in 1970 and worked in oil and gas investment and later for a publishing company. It was in Denver that he came out as a gay man, discovered God, and found MCC, all at the same time! After 12+ years on the Board of Directors at MCC of the Rockies, he joined the staff as Church Administrator in January, 1995. That’s where he first met Rev. Tony Freeman, during his Interim Pastorate. In late 1998, Lee was lured again—this time by the ocean and sun, Pastor Tony, and a true heartfelt calling, to be Administrator at MCC San Diego. His interests / passions include photography, writing, hiking, travel, movies and trivia, and collecting penguins - but not real ones. He may be reached at x 11 or via email.
Brit came to The Met in early 2023 and identifies as a jack of all trades. Brit has studied religion and spirituality for most of her life, pursuing both a BA and an MA in fields that allowed her to dig deep into life's biggest existential questions. Brit is passionate about radical and liberation theologies and is drawn to expressions of Christianity that are both contemplative and prophetic. She's interested in continental philosophy, transpersonal psychology, and art and design. If she's not at The Met, she's doing personal creative work, studying her favorite subjects, or trying to convince her Silken Windhound, Soren, to be a show dog. You can email Brit here or contact her at x20.
We are blessed with a dedicated, committed, volunteer Board of Directors: Vice-Moderator (for 50 years) Al Smithson; Clerk Marty Sherman; Yoko Tanaka; Beth Kind; Rose Turner; Steve Fitzgerald; and Senior Pastor Rev. Dan Koeshall. Serving as Church Treasurer and non-Board member is Paul Cooley.
- We believe in a God who is concerned with every human being personally and accepts each one with unconditional love.
- We have found our connection to God through the life, teachings, and ministry of Jesus Christ. Jesus is our model for care, compassion and community. We also recognize and respect those who find their connection to God through other spiritual paths.
- One of the ways in which God speaks to us is through the Bible. We consider its accounts and teachings in light of their historical and cultural context.
- We are guided by Jesus’ teaching of the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” and the Greatest Commandments: “Love God with all your heart; and love your neighbor as yourself.”
- We affirm each individual as a unique and gifted creation of God. Building on our history of celebrating diversity in sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity, we are a congregation that welcomes all people.
- Teach and practice the Good News of God’s unconditional love for all people.
- Welcome home those who have been spiritually wounded or are seeking or growing a relationship with God.
- Actively promote equality and justice for all people.
- Be fully engaged in our own growth and with others on their spiritual journey to hope, healing, and wholeness.