If you have any questions for any of our staff or leadership, feel free to reach out and email them or call our church office to speak with them. You can email the church office here.
Rev. Dan Koeshall has served as the Senior Pastor since January, 2008. After leaving the Assemblies of God when he was outed as a gay man, he served as Music Director and Associate Pastor at MCC San Diego under Rev. Tony Freeman. Following 2 years as Interim Pastor at Pikes Peak MCC in Colorado Springs, he was called in late 1997 as our Senior Pastor. Dan is actively involved in our MCC denomination, represents the church throughout the community, is a member of both the Mayor's and Sheriff's LGBT Advisory Boards, and serves as the Moderator of our Board of Directors. Read Pastor Dan's full bio here. He may be reached at x113 or by email.
Lee was born and grew up in Michigan, where he was an elementary teacher for 10 years. Lured by the beauty of the west, he packed up and moved to Denver in 1970 and worked in oil and gas investment and later for a publishing company. It was in Denver that he came out as a gay man, discovered God, and found MCC, all at the same time! After 12+ years on the Board of Directors at MCC of the Rockies, he joined the staff as Church Administrator in January, 1995. That’s where he first met Rev. Tony Freeman, during his Interim Pastorate. In late 1998, Lee was lured again—this time by the ocean and sun, Pastor Tony, and a true heartfelt calling, to be Administrator at MCC San Diego. His interests / passions include photography, writing, hiking, travel, movies and trivia, and collecting penguins - but not real ones. He may be reached at x111 or via email.
Colin joined The Met as Office Administrator in the fall of 2023. Colin received his BA in Neuroscience from Pomona College and his MA in Psychology & Religion from Union Theological Seminary. You can email Colin here or contact him at x120.
We are blessed with a dedicated, committed, volunteer Board of Directors: Vice-Moderator (for 50 years) Al Smithson; Clerk Marty Sherman; Yoko Tanaka; Beth Kind; Rose Turner; Steve Fitzgerald; and Senior Pastor Rev. Dan Koeshall. Serving as Church Treasurer and non-Board member is Paul Cooley.
- We believe in a God who is concerned with every human being personally and accepts each one with unconditional love.
- We have found our connection to God through the life, teachings, and ministry of Jesus Christ. Jesus is our model for care, compassion and community. We also recognize and respect those who find their connection to God through other spiritual paths.
- One of the ways in which God speaks to us is through the Bible. We consider its accounts and teachings in light of their historical and cultural context.
- We are guided by Jesus’ teaching of the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” and the Greatest Commandments: “Love God with all your heart; and love your neighbor as yourself.”
- We affirm each individual as a unique and gifted creation of God. Building on our history of celebrating diversity in sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity, we are a congregation that welcomes all people.
- Teach and practice the Good News of God’s unconditional love for all people.
- Welcome home those who have been spiritually wounded or are seeking or growing a relationship with God.
- Actively promote equality and justice for all people.
- Be fully engaged in our own growth and with others on their spiritual journey to hope, healing, and wholeness.